On November 16, 2019, I was contacted by the managers of the local Fairfax Falcons adaptive sports team, asking if I would be available to photograph their upcoming basketball tournament. Having shot the same tournament the previous year, I was looking forward to seeing if I could do it any better.
The tournament took place on December 6-8, 2019, at James Lee Community Center, in Falls Church, Virginia. Teams came from as far away as California to participate, and they played for trophies in both Varsity and Prep divisions. The teams were as follows:
- [Photos] Fairfax Falcons – Fairfax, Virginia
- [Photos] Bennett Blazers – Kennedy Krieger Institute, Baltimore, Maryland
- [Photos] New York Rolling Fury – New York, New York
- [Photos] Richmond Sportable Spokes – Richmond, Virginia
- [Photos] Katie’s Komets – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- [Photos] Ryan Martin Foundation Trojans – Simsbury, Connecticut
- [Photos] Rancho Los Amigos Foundation Halos – Downey, California
I ended up with over 3,500 photos from this tournament, prior to second level screening. The actual photos can be seen by clicking on the [Photos] links shown above for each team (TBS), and also some of the better or more general ones are shown below (TBS). These photos are intended to benefit the teams, the players, and their families. Feel free to download and use them for these purposes.
Once again, this tournament demonstrated the best in all those who supported and participated. More challenges were faced and overcome, and as a result, once again lives young and old were enriched. This event is well worth our support in the future.